This is the staircase leading from the wine cellar / living quarters of the nuns to a drinking well, and what I think should be a very nice outdoor area. This was at the the monastery complex at Pedrables, Barcelona founded in 1326 by Elisenda de Montcada, Jaume II\’s queen. Unfortunately, this area was cordoned off to visitors.
Again, I was drawn to by the light – diffused light inside the cellar – mixed with the warm tungsten lamp and the outdoor light at the end o the tunnel! Beautiful!
You can read more about this monastery at Frommer\’s
Other photos from Barcelona:
– By La Rambla
– Gothic Cathedral – Barcelona
– Cathedral Corner
– La Seu – Color or Monochrome?
– At Parc Guell
– Clock Tower in Town square
– Casa Amatller and Casa Batllo
– Building in Veils
– Dining Room – Monastir de Pedrables
– Hallway – Monastir de Pedrables